Tuesday, July 10, 2007

How Much Poop an Pee Can One Person Take?

Of all of the trials of motherhood I am sure that potty training has to be one of the worst, or one of the easiest if you have that kind of child. I had one of the easy kind, one of the sorta easy kind and then along came Avery. Avery seems to push in every way a three year old can. She will be four at the end of December, I really think going to the potty should be reasonable at this point. As true to form, she is the most hard headed of my three children, she can also be the sweetest, isn't it funny how that always seems to be the case?

There is no question as to whether or not she knows she has to go, we all know, she wanders off and assumes the "stance"; and the "I'm pooping now and please don't ask me to do it in the bathroom" face. If you do try to get her to the bathroom she promptly panics, screams "No, no! I don't want to, I don't want to!" If you do get her to the bathroom, she will not go, I promise you, she will not. She will eventually wander off again when you have turned your attention to another child and proceed to fill her diaper.

She had been doing fairly well to pee in the potty, but as of last Sunday we have backslid. She was running around the house "potty commando" as my friend Rebecca says, she never has pee accidents when she's a "nakey butt", as she puts it. She was running around the kitchen with her friend when she came into the living room, looked at my friend and said "Mommy, I peed." Now, first of all the last time I checked I was the mommy, I should have taken that as a clue and let Rebecca play mom. We walked into the kitchen and the child had not peed, she had pooped on my floor! After our company left she did it again on the front porch!

What is happening?!

About an hour later Bozo and I were sitting on the back deck discussing the sermon from the morning service. We were saying how we are both so tired, grumpy, unhappy, etc. We had started discussing how we should fix these issues when the following statement came from my mouth. What was I thinking? I said "I just wish I had more patience with the kids". Now I have been taught from a semi-young age that if you ask for more patience God will send you all kinds of things to teach you more patience. What a complete idiot! Within 2 seconds Megan started screaming that Avery needed us. The child laid on my couch with her panties and pjs on and pooped and peed on my couch! Needless to say she ended up in the shower to get cleaned up and ready for bed. By then I was ready for bed and a drink! Just kidding, kinda.

Maybe I'll put in a call to SuperNanny, or Dr. Spock, oh yeah, he's dead.

No comments: